Don't Be Too Quick to Judge

I have had two jobs as an adult that I just loved. One of my jobs I held for 25 years. I worked full time in Emergency Medical Services. The second job I held for about 7 years and I held it simultaneously with my Emergency Medical Services job. I was a certified Pharmacy Technician. Both of these jobs shared the same ideal. Don't be too quick to judge.

I'm a friendly person and one of my traits is that when a customer teases with me, I tease back. One time at the pharmacy, a customer came up to the counter to pick up his prescription. When told the amount was .00, the customer told me he didn't have .00. Thinking he was teasing with me, I responded by telling him with a smile on my face, "Than I guess you can't get your prescription". This customer's face dropped and he turned around and left the pharmacy.
This customer wasn't teasing. I learned a hard lesson that day, don't be too quick to judge.

Infant

It was during the time I was working emergency services, which is basically working on an ambulance that the television show 911 premiered. In our town was a mentally challenged female who was a bit of a hypochondriac. The night the show 911 premiered, we received an ambulance call to respond to this woman. We tried to remember what the show was about that night because we were sure that this woman would have the same symptoms.

As we arrived to treat this woman, we found that she had fallen and had fractured her arm. We learned another lesson from this woman. Don't be too quick to judge.

We responded on another ambulance call one day to a family who liked to abuse the ambulance. She called to tell us her child was having a hard time breathing. As this woman didn't have the best judgment and she was often way off the mark for the reason she called for an ambulance, we were sure that this was another nonsense call. When we arrived, we found her child was very blue around his mouth and was indeed having difficult time breathing. Again, we learned not to be too quick to judge.

This next story taught me several lessons about being too quick to judge. Part of working on the ambulance is meeting patients that do not speak English. I speak one language only. The ambulance was dispatched to a woman who was having a baby. Delivering a baby can be the most exciting call you can receive, it can also be one of the most frightening calls you receive.

We arrived at the residence to find a teenage woman who did not speak English. She had actually delivered the baby moments before we arrived. I picked the baby up, cleared the infant's airway, dried the baby and wrapped it in blankets to keep it warm. I tried to hand the baby to the mother but the mother wasn't interested in looking at the baby. When we got to the hospital I told them the baby was a boy. Later the nursery nurse came and got me and asked me the sex of the baby. I said proudly "a boy". She had me follow her to the nursery and showed me the baby again. In the nursery was a baby girl being cleaned. I learned not to be too quick to judge.

I later learned that this teenage mother was giving the baby up for adoption, that was why she didn't want to hold or even see her child. Again, I learned don't be too quick to judge.

As you look at my website, remember these lessons. Don't be too quick to judge. http://www.debtfreeinternationalsite.com

Don't Be Too Quick to Judge

Melody Russell and her husband have been married since 1981 and live in the North West. They have 5 children. Melody was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1992. http://www.debtfreeinternationalsite.com. This site is endorsed by world renounced financial advisor and author David Bach.